I came across an article on MSN Health called "Good Taste: Top 5 Foods to Prevent Bad Breath" that enlightened me about ways to prevent bad breath through eating the proper foods.
1. You can munch on herbs such as Coriander, spearmint, tarragon, eucalyptus, rosemary and cardamom. These herbs attack bad breath and help your digestion.
2. Eat yogurt daily! Apparently, eating yogurt daily helps kill bacteria in your mouth and prevents bad breath odors as well. Don't eat the crappy yogurts, but I suggest having a small bowl of Greek yogurt which also gives you a protein boost. I normally eat a couple scoops of Fage Greek yogurt with some strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and honey. You can concoct any healthy creation out of yogurt.
3. Focus on adding vitamin C foods into your diet. Oranges, berries, and any vitamin C heavy food or drink helps prevent bad breathe. I usually try eating an apple, orange, and drinking a glass of orange juice a day. You need Vitamin C to keep your mouth and body healthy.
4. Eat apples, celery, and carrots. They increase your saliva, keep the mouth fresh and cleansed, and rinse out the bacteria that may linger from food stuck from previous meals. An apple a day may help your bad breath go away.
5. If your breath just straight up stinks, then try to cover the fumes up with minty gum or maybe swallow some mouthwash. I've never tried the mouth wash thing before and I probably won't. If all else fails, then don't open your mouth.
These all seem like excellent tips for eating, staying healthy, and maintaining an anti-bad breath zone in your mouth. I try to tick to the simple rules of my twice a day flossing, brushing, and mouthwash attack.
Do you have any suggestions for killing or preventing bad breath?